We are looking for a Scientific Programmer / Cheminformatics Database Scientist, with strong and proven computing skills, to develop new methods in ligand-based virtual screening and to maintain and expand InhibOx’s cheminformatics databases. This position will also involve working closely with application scientists to develop tools to support our drug discovery portfolio.
The ideal candidate would have:
• An undergraduate (or postgraduate) degree in computer science (with an understanding of chemical structure) or in cheminformatics
• Experience in the holistic software development process; analysis, specification, coding, testing and documentation, as well as experience using tools which enhance developer productivity (e.g. source control)
• Working knowledge of at least some of the following programming languages/technologies: C++, Python, PHP, SQL, Bash, Linux
• System administration experience (e.g. maintenance of Linux systems, hardware procurement etc.)
Experience of one or more of the following is also desirable:
• Working with open source tools, e.g. RDKit and OpenBabel, and be able to modify these according to requirements
• Running computing intensive jobs on HPC environments, for example Sun Grid Engine
• Cloud computing (e.g. AWS) for scientific applications
• Relational database administration using PostgreSQL
The ability to work independently, flexibly and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, will be key attributes of the successful candidates.
Please note that candidates must be eligible and able to work in the UK. Please include details of your eligibility in your application.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter by 14-Feb-2017, quoting reference SP16-1: firstname.lastname@example.org